So what next? I know I am not even done with the Appalachian Trail, but as it is winding down (I still have 480 miles to hike!) I have been using the long hours alone on the trail to think about what I might do next.
First and foremost, I will go home and be a husband, help Amy around the apartment and with the dog, and most likely find a way to help pay the rent. But what about for fun? What about for adventure?
Mom and Grandma, you may want to skip this blog post…
These are just a few of the things I have been thinking about on the trail. Things that I might want to do or try when I get done with the AT…
– Hike the Triple Crown of hiking trails in the USA. That includes the Continental Divide Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. Only about 8 more months and just under 6,000 more miles of hiking
– Hike the John Muir Trail
– Hike the Tahoe Rim Trail
– Run down south rim of the Grand Canyon on the Kaibab Trail to the Colorado River and up the Bright Angel Trail to the south rim, in one day.
– Run the Tough Enough 65 mile ultramarathon in Santa Barbara as a solo runner
– Run the Western States 100 mile ultramarathon
– Qualify for the Boston Marathon (my brother Tyler just did a few weeks ago)
– Beat my high school personal record in the 5K (I think it is 18:58)
– Compete in a full Iron Man triathlon
– Ride a century (100 mile bike race)
– Run in the Bulldog 50K trail race (31 miles) in Calabasas, CA (registered for the race this morning!)
– Sit around home and do nothing and eat a bag of potato chips
I don’t know which one I want to do first (the Bulldog run is first now!)…I think I want to do all of them! Or, maybe right now I would rather be doing just about anything other than walking north in New England! In any event, I have been daydreaming about these options quite a bit lately and I think it is safe to say that no matter what I do, I doubt I will be bored!
What do you think? Feel free to weigh in on the blog or on facebook! It is good to hear from you, makes the long days walking alone more bearable!
Mom and Grandma, if you are still reading this you can weigh in too, just give me a call! 🙂
Have a fantastic day!